top of page

Export declaration

What is an export declaration?

An export declaration is a declaration submitted electronically or as a physical form to the Swedish Customs. There are at least 31 points that must be correctly filled in when submitting your export declaration. Among these points, it must include the correct number of items, correct product codes, and who the declarant/representative is.

If any of these points are filled in incorrectly or if information is omitted, the declaration will be rejected, and you will need to redo the process, provided that the Swedish Customs approves the change. In the worst-case scenario, this can lead to delays, and your goods may not be shipped on time as desired.

Many customers find this process time-consuming and challenging. Therefore, many have chosen to turn to us at Tullify. We have been working with this for over 20 years, and we love what we do. Working with export, export declarations, and export management is part of our daily routine, and we handle hundreds of cases per week.

Tullify helps you complete an export declaration.

We pride ourselves on our commitment to providing efficient services. With a response time of under 15 minutes, we believe our ability to handle export declarations sets us apart. Tullify specializes exclusively in exports, allowing us to offer swift response times and competitive pricing.

We offer:

  • No startup costs

  • No commitments

  • No long-term contracts

Additionally, we always provide a complimentary 14-day trial period for potential customers with regular export flows.

Contact us

Upload file
genomför en exportdeklaration

Why is it important to have the correct product code in an export declaration?

  • Check if there are any import or export restrictions.

  • Find out if your goods require an export license.

  • Check if you need to pay VAT for your goods.

Our services within export management

  • Export declarations.

  • Quality assurance of your exports.

  • Classification of your goods.

  • Storage of declarations and attached documents.

  • Consultancy and advice.

  • Training in export and customs declarations.

Considerations when conducting an export and filling out an export declaration.

Before exporting, it's important to find out if there are any regulations in the destination country, i.e., the importing country, that you as the exporter need to consider. You can either spend hours familiarizing yourself with all the regulations or you can call us for assistance.

No general permit is needed to start exporting, only an EORI number. However, certain goods, such as agricultural products, cultural artifacts, and endangered animals and plants, may require it. Therefore, we always recommend that you get in touch before proceeding with your export and before deciding to voluntarily fill out your declaration.

At, you can read up on what is expected of you if you choose to conduct the export on your own. However, keep in mind that the Swedish Customs will not handle the matter for you and will not fill out your export declaration. The Swedish Customs will refer you to a customs agent to get assistance with your case and to ensure that export declarations are filled out correctly. The Swedish Customs are neutral and will not recommend any customs agent. Check out our reviews on Google, and you'll see that we are the obvious choice.

Customs declaration for export

Export is when you send goods to a country outside the EU. Often associated with sales, but gifts and other shipments can also be considered exports. When exporting an item, you must submit an export declaration to the Swedish Customs. You can do it yourself, but we recommend that you seek the assistance of a professional customs agent like Tullify. This way, your case will be handled quickly and all information submitted to the Swedish Customs will be accurate.

You can submit a customs declaration in several ways:

  • By using a paper form, which you send to the Swedish customs authority.

  • By using TID (Tullverket's internet declaration) yourself.

  • By using a customs system integrated with the Swedish Customs.

If you need to submit multiple declarations, it may be more advantageous for you to use a modern customs system, as it saves time.

Send goods outside the EU

For Swedish companies, successfully exporting goods outside the EU can be a significant challenge. The rules vary depending on the country of export and also depend on the type of goods being exported.

Regardless of the size of your company, we at Tullify will assist you in sending goods outside the EU. No orders are too large for us, and we always ensure that exports are completed within the timeframe you desire. We guarantee that we are the fastest in the industry at handling export matters without compromising on quality for our customers.

Keep in mind that countries like Norway and Switzerland are not part of the EU. This means that you need an export declaration if you are sending goods to these two countries. Many companies in Sweden trade with Norway and therefore need assistance in ensuring that exports are conducted correctly. By engaging us at Tullify, you will avoid hidden costs and various additional charges that may arise if an export to Norway or Switzerland is done incorrectly. Right from the start, we set up the case correctly and ensure that you get the best price on the market to carry out an export.

What does it cost to export goods from Sweden?

Several factors will affect the final price of your export. Below are some of the most common:

  1. The destination country of the goods

  2. The type of goods being exported

  3. The volume of the entire export

  4. Choice of customs agent and the costs associated with the customs agent

The first three factors are usually beyond your control and are determined by the needs of the customers and the nature of the goods being exported. However, at Tullify, we always strive to offer the best prices on the market when our customers choose us as their customs agent. Competitive prices and exceptionally fast service have made us one of Sweden's leading customs agents in export management and export declarations. You are warmly welcome to contact us for an initial free consultation.

Richard Coster at Tullify
FAQ - Applicable export declarations


Is an export declaration required for EU countries?

No, there is free movement of goods between the countries of the EU. You then do not need to submit an export declaration when you sell a product to a country within the EU.


What is an EORI number?

In order to import and export, you must have an EORI number. EORI is the abbreviation for "Economic Operator Registration and Identification" and is a unique number to be used in all customs-related activities. Apply for an EORI number here or read more about it at


How much does an export declaration cost?

The price of an export declaration varies for several reasons. Get in touch with us and we will make sure you get a good price for your business and size.


What is an approved place for export?

An approved place for export is places where the goods are loaded for export.


What is classification?

When you declare a product for export, you must enter a product code. The commodity code is a numeric code that describes the commodity and it governs which regulations apply to import and export. All commodity codes are collected in the customs tariff. When exporting, the product code normally consists of eight digits.


What is an Export Accompanying Document?

An export accompanying document, EAD (Export Accompanying Document), is the document that shows information on the export. It contains an MRN number (Movement Reference Number) and shows that the Customs Agency has approved the customs declaration and released the goods for export. The export accompanying document must then be presented at the exit customs office where the goods leave the EU customs area.


Things to consider in case of export restrictions

Some goods have restrictions around them that you have to be lenient with when it comes to export. To send these goods, a certificate or license from the relevant authority is required. Examples of items that require approval:


  • Radioactive waste

  • Endangered animals and plants

  • Spent refrigerants, e.g. refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners that contain ozone-depleting substances

  • Weapons and ammunition

  • Cultural objects

  • Waste

bottom of page